Each group has specific practice times. Swimmers need to be in the water on time. Swimmers are expected to attend as many of their practice times as possible. Please let your coach know if a practice session will be missed. This increases in importance as swimmers move up. This is a competitive swim team. Meets provide an experience unequaled by only attending practice and gives each swimmer time goals and performance feedback.
We will start practices for returning team members Tuesday, Sept. 4, after Labor Day. There will be two big changes for this season, outlined below.
First, we will have a new website that will handle all team registration, payment, meet registration, and team announcements/information. You will need to go to
Team Unify between August 15th and August 29th to create accounts and register you swimmer(s) for the season.
Second, our trial with age-based groups this summer went quite well and we will continue this set-up for the fall.
Swimmers who will be age 8 and under on March 17, 2019, will be in the 8&U group and will practice 5:45-6:45 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Swimmers who will be ages 9-12 on March 17, 2019, will be in the Age Group training group and will practice 5:45-7:30 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Swimmers who will be ages 13-18 on March 17, 2019, will be in the Seniors training group and will practice 5:45-7:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
There will also be some policy changes as we transition to a competition team environment as opposed to the optional advanced lessons environment we have had in recent seasons. We will discuss many of them at the Parent/Swimmer meeting that will happen soon after practices start, such as team pictures and open board positions, but the most important things that we feel you should know before re-registering are as follows.
- Registration for short course (Sept-March) will be separate from long course (April-July). Signing up now commits you until March. All dues for the season are due at registration, but payments can be made in installments over the course of the season. Note that regardless of how much or long your swimmer participates, you will owe the club the entire amount.
- Swimmers are expected to attend all scheduled practices for their training group unless extenuating circumstances (especially a fall or spring sport) have been discussed between Coach Jennifer, the parent, and the swimmer.
- Swim meets are required events this season. Each swimmer is expect to compete at least one session each meet but more are encouraged. We will attend about one per month, the official schedule will be on the Team Unify website when you go to register (under events) and will be handed out at the meeting near the start of the season. With the exception of the first meet, one month notice and a valid excuse will be required to miss the meet.
• Each swim meet will have entry fees and a per-event fee that varies from $4 per event to $10 per event plus meet entry fees averaging $10 per meet.
• Team products including T-Shirts, Swimwear, and goggles are available for purchase.